(Powder bundle massage)
Herbal powders (Podi) are applied on the whole body in boluses with hot medicated oils for 45 minutes in a day over a period of 7 to 14 days.
- Relieves pain, Numbness and Edema. Controls vitiated Vata
- Improves peripheral blood supply, Stimulates the nerve endings.
- Helpful in Osteoarthritis, Spondylosis, Sports injuries etc.
(Leaf bundle Massage)
Herbal leaves (Ila) are applied to the whole body in boluses with hot medicated oils for 45 minutes in a day over a period of 7 to 14 days.
- Relieves pain, Numbness and edema. Controls vitiated Vata
- Improves peripheral blood supply. Stimulates the nerve endings.
- Beneficial in Osteoarthritis, Spondylosis, Sports injuries etc.
It is a process by which the whole body or any specific part thereof is made to perspire by the application of certain medical puddings externally in the form of boluses tied up in a muslin bag. This is applied for about 60 minutes in a day for a period of 14 days. This treatment is useful in all kinds of rheumatism, paralysis and congenital deformity of the limbs and dislocation of bones and joints etc.
- Strengthens the body, Rejuvenates the tissues.
- Increases body weight, Improves muscle tone.
This is a specialized herbal treatment for weight reduction. A herbal paste or powder is applied all over the body and deeply massaged with specific movements for one hour.
- Tones skin & muscle after child birth, Removes Cellulites.
- Weight reduction, good complexion to the skin.
- Revitalizes the sense of touch, Removes Kapha toxins from the body.
A whole body massage with specific herbal oils to nourish and revitalize the body tissues and remove the toxins from the cells. Abhyangam has much deeper and more far reaching effects using medicated oils. Abhyangam achieves deepest healing effects by naturally harmonizing the Body, Mind & Spirit. This is for better blood circulation, nervous stimulation, muscle toning and general good health. It is also ideal for post delivery care.
- Improves blood circulation, Rejuvenates the whole body
- Beautifies the skin, Delays aging, Induces sound sleep, Promotes vitality, Reduces stress.
Pizhichil is a procedure developed in Kerala, which gives the effects of both Snehana and Swedana. It is considered one of the Keraleeya Panchakarma techniques. Medicated oil is poured onto the body in continuous streams while being gently massaged by two therapists for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. It is extremely soothing and relaxing.
- Increases vitality and body immunity, Anti-aging and rejuvenating.
- Ensures better blood circulation; A soothing and relaxing procedure.
- Prescribed in clinical conditions like Paraplegia, Hemiplegia and other Vata dominant ailments.
Tarpanam is a treatment in which medicated oils or ghee are retained in the eyes by making a boundary with herbal mixture or gram paste. This procedure is continued for a minimum period of 30 minutes.
- IImproves eye sight, Improves brain function, Good for correcting short and long sights, Strengthens optic nerve, Prevents degenerative eye diseases.
One of the Panchakarmas mentioned in Ayurveda, Nasya therapy, is a process wherein the drug (herbal oils and liquid medicines) is administered through the nostrils. Since nose is the gateway to the head, the therapy is highly effective in curing a number of diseases pertaining to the head, if performed systematically
- The therapy cleanses and opens the channels of the head, thereby improving the process of oxygenation (prana), which has a direct influence on the functioning of brain.
- The therapy is beneficial if done on a regular basis because it keeps the eyes, nose and ear healthy. It also prevents the premature greying of head and facial hair.
The Kapha toxins accumulated in the body and the respiratory tract are effectively removed by Vamana, one among the five therapies of Panchakarma in Ayurveda. Vamana is therapeutic vomiting, which is a medicated emesis therapy. People with high imbalance of Kapha are given this type of treatment, which loosens and mobilizes the toxins, in an effort to eliminate them from the body. Waste products (vitiated Dosha) are eliminated through the upper gastrointestinal tract. The vitiated Kapha are eliminated through the mouth.
- After vomiting, the sinus is cleared, which in turn provides relief from congestion, wheezing and breathlessness.
Virechana Karma is the second procedure in the sequence of Panchakarma, mainly aimed at the morbid Pitta Dosha. In simple terms, Virechana is that procedure which expels out the Doshas via Anal passage. Virechana is mainly intended for Pitta Dosha but it also eliminates also Kapha Dosha.
- Useful in different types of skin diseases. .
- It also helps get rid of the toxins accumulated in the body.
Vasti is an important treatment in Ayurveda and it’s especially meant for rheumatic (Vata) diseases. Here medicated liquid and oil are passed through the anal canal or vagina. There are many types of vasti. This treatment should be done under the guidance of an expert Ayurveda doctor (Vaidya) and all kinds of rheumatic (Vata) disorders are eliminated with the proper use of Vasti. Kashaya Vasti, Uttaravasti, Snehavasti, also known as the main Vastis
- Vasti ensures guaranteed relief from Vata disorders. It has the power to remove toxin from human body. Anus and vaginal canal are the body parts to apply Vasti.
Here the medicated oil is kept over the lumbar region for a minimum period of 30 minutes according to the condition. The oil is made warm and should be changed repeatedly.
- Very useful in Back Pain especially, in disc prolapse cases
Shirodhara is an amazing, unique body therapy from the ancient natural medical system of Ayurveda. Shirodhara has a profound impact on the nervous system. That means, the treatment directly and immediately calms, relaxes, cleanses the mind and nerves.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Shirodhara is traditionally known for its ability to heal sleeping problems.
- Shirodhara has proven effectiveness in lowering blood pressure.
- Shirodhara is also a great treatment for the healthy individuals wanting to maintain good health and enhance well being, clarity, calmness and immunity. Shirodhara promotes deep relaxation, relieves fatigue and renews and reinvigorates the body and mind.
- Shirodhara increases immunity by relieving stress and worry.